Pick your thyme flowers in April to make a health-giving infusion, or use it to prepare this delicious syrup which can be used to make an irresistible almond and thyme crunch. You could also drench a simple sponge cake with this syrup and decorate with fresh thyme flowers.
|For 50 cl de syrup:
- Pick off the thyme flowers.
- Set the water to boil in the pan. When boiling, add the thyme and stir in. When the water has come back to the boil, turn off the heat and cover, leaving it to infuse for 15mins.
- Filter through a fine sieve, then put back in the pan.
- Add the sugar. When it has melted, boil the syrup for 15-20mins; it will reduce and thicken. Normally you should end up with approx 50cl.
- Pour into a sterilised jar and stopper.
- This syrup will keep for several months. Store in a cool place.