You can eat this delicious compote on its own or with plain yoghurt. It also serves as a base for the recipes for Aumonières aux fruits, Nems aux fruits, et aussi la recette de la Pizza aux fruits. Well mixed, it can be used as a base for apple tart.
|For 4 pots :
Three recipes for three different flavours.
- Fruity Compote:
- Wash the figs and cut into eight .
- Place all the ingredients into a heavy based pan. Mix them well.
- Heat gently to boiling point, then simmer for 15 minutes, stirring and turning with a wooden spoon to avoid the mixture catching the bottom of the pan.
- Put into pots or freezer containers.
- Spicy Compote:
- Using the same recipe, replace the orange zest with a level teaspoon of powdered ginger.
- Compote with honey:
Using the same recipe, replace the sugar and water with 100g of honey.
This compote can be eaten warm or cold and is delicious with crème fraiche.
It freezes well.