A quick and easy recipe that’s delicious as well …
For 6 people:
Choose small strawberries for a prettier effect.
- Rinse and hull the strawberries and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp of caster sugar followed by the 2 tbsp of kirsch. Mix and leave to macerate for about an hour.
- Heat the oven to 190°C. Butter the dish.
- Put the flour and sugar in a large bowl and mix together. The addition of the sugar makes the flour more free-flowing, thereby avoiding lumps.
- Break the 4 eggs into the bowl and beat till you obtain a smooth batter.
- Add the milk little by little, mixing again with the beater.
- Arrange the strawberries on the base of the buttered dish. If necessary cut the largest in half.
- Pour the batter into the dish and cook for 35 minutes. The clafoutis is cooked when it is just golden.
- Sprinkle with remaining tbsp of sugar.
- Leave to cool and serve in the dish in which it was cooked.
This clafoutis should be eaten cold, decorated with a few slivered toasted almonds if you wish.
Variation : use 6 ramekin dishes instead of a single dish - easier to serve and looks even prettier! The cooking time for ramekins is 25 minutes instead of 35.