|The original clafoutis is made with black Morello cherries. As the cherry season is short, and they are not always available, you can add syrup of Amarena cherries to recapture the acidity of the Morello cherry.|
serves 6 :
Pre heat the oven to 190°, butter the dish.
- Wash the cherries, remove the stalks and distribute them on the base of the dish.
- Place the flour and sugar in a bowl and mix them.
This will make the flour more fluid and avoid lumps.
- Add the 4 eggs and whisk to obtain a smooth batter.
- Add the milk a little at a time and the thyme flowers.
- Pour the batter over the cherries and scatter some knobs of butter over the top. Cook in the oven for 35 minutes until the clafoutis is golden.
Serve it warm or cold.