The real thing!
|Serves 6 :
Preheat the oven to 210°.
- Melt the butter in a bowl
- Peel and core the apples, then grate them and sprinkle with lemon juice. Mix in the cinnamon and raisins.
- Gently fry the breadcrumbs and 60 g sugar in 60g butter until they become golden and crisp.
- Place the rectangle of pastry on a cloth, slightly larger than the pastry. Spread the breadcrumbs over ¾ of the surface of the pastry, then cover with the apples.
- Start to roll the pastry with the help of the cloth until you obtain a cylinder. The mixture inside will gradually spread into the other ¼ of the pastry as you do this.
- Again with the help of the cloth, transfer the strudel to the lined baking sheet.
Brush the pastry with the remaining melted butter.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes fan oven. During the cooking, brush the surface of the strudel with butter to give it a nice shine.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve warm with whipped cream.
- Bon appétit!
Variation: The strudel can be made with plums, rhubarb, apricots or blueberries. If preferred, the raisins can be replaced with walnuts.