Impossible to resist the creaminess of this tiramisu perfectly matched with the acidity of the strawberries. A touch of cardamom brings out the flavour of the strawberries.
For 6 people:
The eggs should be at room temperature. If they are too cold, immerse them in warm water.
- 1 hour beforehand: cut strawberries into dice, add a pinch of cardamom, not more, a easpoon of sugar, and the kirsch, and mix together. Cover and reserve in a cool place.
- Take the mascarpone out of the fridge ½ hr early, it will be easier to incorporate.
- Separate the eggs. In a deep bowl, whip the egg yolks with the remaining sugar till the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Add the mascarpone and mix thoroughly.
- Add the ricoré and mix again.
- Whip the egg whites till stiff, then add to the mixture ½ at a time, folding them in delicately with a spatula. Repeat with remaining half, taking care that the mixture stays light.
- To assemble the dessert : Put crumbled ladies’ finger biscuits into the bottom of each sundae glass. Spread the strawberries and any juice over them. Finally top with cream.
- Cover the dishes with clingfilm and place in fridge for 4 – 12 hours.
- Decorate with a strawberry cut in 2 and a sprig of fresh mint.
- Bon appétite!
- Ne pas dépasser 24 heures pour le manger car l'oxydation ternit les fraises, et aussi la crème.
- Do not leave more than 24 hours before eating as oxygenation has a dulling effect on both strawberries and cream.
Variation : blend 2 teaspoons of diced strawberries and spread over the tiramisu just before serving.