Lighters than cookies, crispy they eat.
For 40 biscuits:
Preparation: 30 min.
Cooking time: 25-30 min.
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan-assisted.
- In your mixer, blend the sugar, flour and almonds. Add the almond essence and the butter cut into small pieces. Blend for about 1 min till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg white and blend a further min to bring all the ingredients together into a ball.
- Line the baking tray with paper. Ideally you would use a tray the size of the oven capable of taking 40 biscuits. Using a spoon, take a small amount of dough and roll into a ball. Place on the tray and continue, spacing the balls evenly, till all the dough is used up. Decorate with flaked almonds and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon
- Cook on the lower shelf of the oven for 25-30 mins. When ready the bsicuits should feel dry to the touch.
Store in a sealed tin ; they will keep for up to a month.