Beware……… once you’ve tasted an almond croquette, it’s difficult to stop eating them …
For 28 croquettes:
- Knead to together these ingredients in the following order: flour, yeast. Salt, sugar, lemon zest, butter, cut into dice, either by hand or in a food processor. When you have obtained short consistency, add the beaten eggs and then the almonds. Keep a little egg aside to brush the cake before baking.
Knead lightly for 1 minute to obtain a firm dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Place the ball of dough on a floured surface. Chop it roughly to cut up the almonds, then gather together the dough and place it on the baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Roll it between your hands to make a fat sausage.
- Brush with the remaing egg, diluted with a little milk if necessary.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 40 minutes.
- When the cake is cool, cut into slices the thickness of your finger.
- Bon appétit!
These croquettes should keep for 15 days in a tin.
A recipe from Michèle.