Pretty little cakes from Bordeaux, soft inside and firm outside.
For 16 cannelés :
- Heat the milk and butter in a saucepan.
- Place flour, salt and sugar in a bowl and mix well to eliminate any lumps.
- Add the eggs and yolks mixing well with a fork.
- Pour the hot milk over little by little, mixing to a smooth consistency. Leave to cool.
- Add the rum. Cover and leave in a cool place for 12 hours.
- The next day, heat the oven to 235°.
- Turn the mixture into the cannelé moulds (no need to grease them). Fill three-quarters full.
- Cook for 5 mins.
After 5 minutes, lower the temperature to 180° for 15 mins, then to 170° for 45 mins (total 1h5mins).
- Unmould while still warm and leave to cool before serving.