For a 25cm cake:
- 500g baked and drained pumpkin' flesh
- 1 cup of sugar(100g)
- 0,5 cup plain flour(100g)
- 0,4 cup of corn flour(80g)
- 0,25 cup of softened butter(50g)
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 tbsp rum
- 22cm-25cm cake tin
|Difficulty: Easy, Prep time:20 minutes, Baking time: 1 hour, Rest time: 2 hours
A dense cake with a mysterious slightly orange flavor.
- Peel and de-seed the pumpkin, cut the flesh into dice and cook with a little water for 10 minutes, stirring every so often. Drain for a night. The resulting liquid can be used for soup.
- Pre-heat oven to 338 F. Butter and flour the tin.
- Put the flesh through a blender, then add the remaining ingredients and stir using a spatula. The dough should be smooth and soft.
- Turn into tin, sprinkle with crystallised sugar and cook for about 1 hour.
- Once the cake has cooled, cut into triangles.
Bon appétit !
|Variation: replace the 25cm tin by 4 smaller ones (10-15cm).
Look at the recipe of Pineapple and Pumpkin Tart.