This is such a simple cake, that your children can make it. It is soft and you can flavour it as the fancy takes you.
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Pour the yoghurt into a large bowl and keep the pot for measuring the other ingredients. You only need one tablespoon for scraping out the pot and then for mixing.
- Add in order: the sugar, lemon zest, (mixed together), the flour and the yeast, the eggs, and lastly the oil.
- Mix well with the spoon to obtain a soft batter.
- Pour into the buttered cake tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes, lowering the temperature after 15 minutes to 170°.
Variation: replace the lemon zest with orange zest, a pinch of vanilla powder, a tablespoon of orange flower water, grated coconut.
See the recipe for Yoghurt Cake with coconut.See the recipe for Bread Rolls with yoghurt.