No worries about treating yourself to this gateau – calorie-light and 0% butter.
- Set the chocolate to soften over a low flame, leaving it as long as it takes.
- Separate the eggs; beat the yolks with the sugar till pale, then add the cornflour, the fromage blanc, the salt and, lastly, the chocolate.
- Whip the egg whites till stiff and fold them gradually and delicately into the mixture, taking care to lift as you fold.
Grease and line a high-sided cake tin.
Cook in a fairly hot oven (200°) for no longer than 20mins.
- Leave to cool in the tin.
- This cake improves with keeping till te following day.
- Bon appétite!
Variation: For extra flavouring fold 50gr of diced candied orange peel into the mixture.Or use a rectangular cake tin and cut the gateau into small squares.