Choose only the best apricots for this creamy dessert.
For 6 sundaes:
- Dice the apricots into a pan, add the sachet of vanilla sugar, mix in the syrup and cook over a medium heat for 5 mins. Leave to rest.
- In a basin, beat the egg yolks with the 50gr of sugar until the mixture is pale and thick. Add the mascarpone, beating well to obtain an even consistency.
- Whip the egg whites and fold them into mascarpone mixture half at a time.
- Dilute the juice from the apricots with the amaretto or rum and use to quickly moisten the biscuits. Arrange the moistened biscuits in the bottom of the sundae glasses. Place one tbsp of diced apricots on top and cover with the mascarpone cream. Level the cream and arrange a second tbsp of apricots on top.
- Decorate with toasted flaked almonds.
- Chill in the fridge for 3 hrs.
Arrange the apricots at the sides of the sundae glass so they show through.
This dessert can be prepared the day before.