This jelly is great as a glaze for all your fruit tarts. See recipe for Glazed StrawberryTtart with Fromage Frais.
|For 3 pots :
Préparation time: 30 min.
Cooking time: 10 min.
Setting time: 1 day.
- Wash raspberries and cook gently in a large covered pan with ½ glass water. Bring to the boil and cook for 5mins. Frozen raspberries can also be used.
- When the fruit is cooked, turn into a clean teatowel which you twist over a pan to extract the juice (approx 600gr – weigh the juice).
- Weigh the same amount of sugar into another pan, take out 2 tsp which you add to the pectin. Sprinkle this over the raspberry juice, mix and bring to the boil stirring continuously with a wooden spoon.
- Add the rest of the sugar, mixing well and bring to the boil. Cook fast for 3 mins. Remove any scum or impurities at the end of this time using a slooted spoon or strainer.
- Pour into previously sterilised pots.
- The jelly will have set by the following day.
Use the same recipe for strawberries.
A recipe from Vitpris (Alsa)