There are endless possibilities for using these deliciously crunchy biscuits on your chilled desserts, adapting their shape as you like.
For 12-16 biscuits:
Préparation: 10 min.
Cooking time: 10 min.
Cooling time: 10 min.
- Preheat your oven to 170°C.
- Mix the egg white with the sugar – do not whip. Add the flour to achieve a thick cream.
- Line the baking tray with the baking paper. Spread mixture evenly over it.
- Cook in centre of oven for 10 mins.
- Remove from the oven, place another sheet of greased baking paper on top and flatten using a rolling pin. Do not press too hard; the aim is to smooth the surface.
- Leave to cool on the tray , then remove the paper ,rolling it back as you go. As the biscuit cools and hardens, cracks will appear on the surface. Now all you have to do is break it into pieces.
- Variation 1: to make ovals, spread the mixture in well-spaced oval heaps and repeat the flattening and smoothing process as described above.
- Variation 2 : add food colouring to the mixture to obtain coloured biscuits. The mixture can be divided into 2 or 3 parts and a variety of colours obtained by adding different colours.
They can be kept for up to 2 weeks in a sealed tin.